COVID-19 Message from Principal’s Desk
The world we live in today looks drastically different than the one we knew just a few months ago. We hope that you and your family are safe and coping well during this period of lockdown.
This is a very challenging time for all of us; we have to ensure that the students do not miss out on their academics, and on the other hand you are also getting an opportunity to engage with your children and spend quality time with them. This is a new experience for all of us - I would like to call it a ‘New Normal’.
On the Academic front, our teachers have been doing their best, by starting online education through various apps. I would like to further bring to your notice the following points:
• For classes III to XII - Our faculty of the Junior and senior school has remained in contact with their students through online classes. Students are also being given online assessments, and based on the results of these assessments teachers are going to conduct remedial classes too. We have received appreciation from many of you, and it is indeed a matter of pride for us that the students are benefitting from these classes.
• For classes Pre-primary to II - Our teachers of Preschool have been sending study material, links of videos, and their recorded lessons along with regular exercise schedule prepared by our sports department. The students are given skill-based assessments – cognitive, creative, and scientific and thinking skill tasks, prepared by the teachers. Students and parents have appreciated the efforts of the teachers and have been sending appreciation.
•Recognizing that the students must be having time on their hands at present, and especially to keep them engaged over the weekend, very soon students of Classes VI to VIII will be given Activity sheets (on Fridays). They will be fun exercises to test them on General Awareness, Creativity, Vocabulary, and Numeracy skills.
• Besides conducting academic activities, school has also started participating in various inter-school events. Our students of classes III to VIII participated in several CBSE competitions.
• Students have also been engaged in creating various awareness videos, which has got appreciation from various forums. You may check the school’s social media handles (Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Khalsa school Dgg and Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/Khalsa Public School) to see the videos.
• Our teachers have been attending various online workshops on puppetry, mathematical skills and other skill enhancement programmes.
• We have also designed many inter-class, inter-house and inter-school activities which will be rolled out in the first week of August. We expect a hearty participation. This is to give students a platform to learn from each other, besides showcasing their talents.
At the end, I would like to thank you parents for your continued support. Your letters of appreciation have helped our staff stay motivated during these challenging times. We have realized the value of technology as an important tool to stay connected with our students and will make constructive use of it in future too.
We look forward to more fruitful interactions and feedback from you.
Stay home & Stay Safe !